I have been indulging a bit too much on my guilty pleasures lately like cheesy pizza, burgers and a few sweet treats in between.
I really wanted to get back on track with feeling good inside and out by giving my body what it needed – Something Tasty but also healthy and nutritious.
I have seen pictures of this hummus dish all over Pinterest so I decided to make a version of my own. I love spicy food, Fresh veg and anything Mediterranean. This meal is also 100% vegan but if you eat cheese and would like to add something extra you could always add some danish feta to the mix.
This is what I threw together:
1 Pack of tender stem broccoli & Fioretto (white looking broccoli)
1 Pack of baby carrots
1 Pack of Calamata Olives
Cup of Cherry tomatoes
1 Red Onion
Handful of Parsley
Tablespoon of Olive Oil
Pinch of Paprika
Pinch of Sea Salt and Black Pepper
Fresh Hummus either using this recipe I’ve tried and tested
Woolies makes a very good hummus (quick and easy)
- I steamed the broccoli and carrots for 1 minute just enough so that they were still crunchy.
- Chopped the tomatoes in half, thinly sliced the onions and jalapeno
- Smeared down a thick layer of hummus in my salad bowl
- Placed down the broccoli and carrots first, threw on the tomatoes, onions and jalapeno
- Spread the calamata olive love all around!
- Shower the hummus with the olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper
- Dress the fresh veg with some parsley
Tah-Dah! Something delicious, nutritious, colorful and pretty to eat. That’s what you call fast food.