Today I live my last day of my 24th year. I am so grateful for all that I have achieved in this amount of time and happy with where I am and all my surroundings. I feel like I am only getting younger but wiser at the same time. I love the world around me and the fact that there are so many more things to learn, so many more enjoyable experiences to be had and so many adventures to go on.
In these past 12 months I have learnt that I can’t do everything all at once it’s the quickest way to reach burn out. I’ve learnt that family is forever and I shouldn’t take the wonderful, inspirational,beautiful one I have for granted. I’ve learnt that i just have to let people I love be, give them energy and time but at the end of the day I can’t force anyone to be my friend. Who’s meant to be there, will be. I’ve learnt that hard work + effort pays off and slacking doesn’t – whether that be in my hobbies/work/life. I’ve learnt that I’m still a spring chicken and I still have 70+ years to reach every.single.one of my goals even though it may not seem like I’m moving in that direction 100% of the time. Lastly I’ve learnt that a positive and happy mind overpowers everything else. Having a shitty day? Think about things that without failure always me giddy and smiley.
My goals for my 24 year old self are simple:
- To make a positive difference/impact in others life in every way I can whether that be in my job, friendships, family,life and play.
- To work hard and reach everything I have set out for my career and work. To always put in effort and stay on track with what is true to me and my dreams of what I want to do.
- To be happy and love myself through anything I may encounter.
- To always enjoy every moment and learn from experience good or bad.
- To be kind to every person I cross paths with and understand their actions/intentions to the best of my ability.
- To get out of my comfort zone and trust my gut instincts to do more and be more.
- To travel more places and surround myself with new culture, different surroundings and people who can teach me more of what I don’t know.
Most of all I promise myself to keep growing every day and trust that I will keep making strides into the future I have imagined. 23 was difficult in every way but I got through it all and another year full of life. I am stronger and more lively than ever. I wake up every day excited to just be me and do everything I get handed to the best of my ability.
This next year will be beautiful and I can’t wait for everything that is in store.